Tricks for cutting down on sugar
There are many ways to reduce your sugar consumption. Here are a few suggestions:
- Make healthy substitutions. Substitute sparkling water for soda, a bowl of frozen fruit instead of ice cream, one slice of your favorite cheese instead of cake, a piece of fruit instead of pie.
- Clear your kitchen of sweets and don't purchase them. Instead, you can enjoy a dessert when you are away from home.
- Split dessert with a friend when out and enjoying a treat.
- Slowly savor each bite when you do eat a treat.
- Reduce or eliminate the amount of sugar called for in recipes.http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_diet_diabetes.htm